ABOUT US

We’re a group of students called the Inventioneers who are both inventors and social entrepreneurs! We have formed a non-profit organization to help other students around the country in two main ways - by inspiring teen drivers to develop safe driving habits through our innovative ideas, and to help get kids of all ages excited about science.

Some Shocking Statistics:

Did you know?

  • 18% of teens admitted that they regularly text while driving
  • About 13% of adult drivers have surfed the Internet while driving
  • 61% of teen drivers admitted that they have risky driving habits
             (HealthDay poll from November 10-14, 2011)

Really?
It is unlikely that drivers are unaware of the dangers of driving while distracted, what they don't consider are the consequences of driving while distracted.  We know it is now easy to surf the internet on your cell phone but doesn't it scare you that 1 out of 10 cars surrounding you on the highway is being driven by someone surfing the internet?

We once saw a driver actually using a laptop he had wedged in the passenger seat while he was going 65 mph on the interstate.  Did he really think that was safe?  We bet he would never have agreed to allow his child in a car with a driver using a computer while driving.  Why was it okay for him to endanger our lives as the passengers in the car next to him as he whizzed down the highway?



Check out these related articles:
"Using Notebook Computer While Driving" 
"Teen Using Laptop While Driving Causes Accident"


39% of teens do not admit to risky driving habits - we can only hope they are truly "single-tasking" behind the wheel.  The other 61% know they are taking risks and do it anyway.  (Of course, we say Don't DUIT!)  Considering how much publicity (and not mention laws against texting while driving) there is on the dangers of DUIT, isn't it sad that teens are choosing risky behavior behind the wheel anyway?